xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Preserving base URIs on detachment

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Bradley S. Huffman" <hip AT cs.okstate.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Preserving base URIs on detachment
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:43:10 -0500

At 9:52 AM -0600 3/23/04, Bradley S. Huffman wrote:

I'm not sure it should. I see good points and problems either way. But since
your about to freeze the API, I'm looking for items that may cause problems
down the road and the way setBaseURI is documented and/or implemented just
hits me as a future source of confusion. Hence why I suggested maybe it
shouldn't be public.

This isn't an API freeze issue. I would be willing to change this post-alpha since it would not change method signatures. However, since it's arisen now I might as well fix it now, pre-alpha.

At the moment, I'm busy futzing with the gorramed OASIS XSLT test suite. Once I've finished with that, I'll experiment with the alternate behavior and see where it takes me.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)