unclug - Re: [unclug] growing the LUG

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Brian Pike <bapike AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] growing the LUG
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:24:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'd love to meet on Wednesday to talk about the future of the LUG here. Name a time and place, and I'll be there.

As for whether there's a need... I think so. Plenty of people in the math deparment (where I'm a grad student) use Linux, LaTeX, etc. I'm sure people in the computer science department use it. LUGs aren't just for the Linux kernel.

I would like to say that I had no idea that this mailing list existed, even after explicitly searching for a LUG at UNC, until I received a TriLUG announcement about Cristobal being elected to the steering committee. I remembered him from high school, googled his name, and came up with this list. There are others, I'm sure, who are in similar situations.

-Brian
(Surprised to see Mailman sit on a digest e-mail for 3 days...)