unclug - Re: [unclug] growing the LUG

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Timothy A. Chagnon" <tchagnon AT unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] growing the LUG
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:40:38 -0400

I would like to have seen a LUG community at UNC. There are a lot of people around here (ITS Control-center & Research Computing, ibiblio, etc.) who use Linux, and everyone has a little bit different expertise. Everyone could benefit from sharing this knowledge, but for a lot TriLUG probably serves this purpose.

Unfortunately, I will not be around (going to Philly) much longer to help you. But I will leave you all with a parting gift. I figured out and wrote a howto for getting OpenAFS going on Ubuntu 5.10 (probably works for Debian as well) earlier this year. Feel free to do with it what you like (i.e. GNU FDL).

http://www.unc.edu/~tchagnon/openafs_ubuntu.html

Tim

Cristobal Palmer wrote:
Rather than read too much into the lack of responses, I'm going to
assume that I wrote (0) too long an email and (1) sent it at a bad
time in the semester.

I'd still like to meed with anyone who'd like to talk about a more
active campus lug. Please do email with suggestions for time/place
so that we can continue the discussion.

Peace,
CMP

--