unclug - Re: [unclug] growing the LUG

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Gary Long <garylong AT med.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] growing the LUG
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:56:17 -0400

Hello,
I am a staff member at UNC. I administer a Linux/Sun network for a research lab. I have been a *nix admin for 6 years and find that I am still learning new things and that there is plenty of room to grow. I think having a group where we can share ideas will be profitable to all and perhaps we can all learn something that will improve our own environment. Also for those that live toward Greensboro, this would be much more convenient than trying to travel to NC State for a meeting.

Cheers
Gary

Gary Long, SCSA, GCUX
System Administrator
UNC Psychiatry Neuroimagelab
Office# 919-843-6939

"Imagine what you will know tomorrow." T.L.Jones

Douglas Brown wrote:

There are exactly 100 subscribers to this list, but I'm not about to do anything silly like name names. How much private interest have you gotten? I'm in. Happy May Day comrades!

Brian Payst wrote:
I will sponsor it if there is sufficient interest. I am a staff member and I've got a significant interest
in Linux on campus.

Brian

Brian Payst, MS
Director of Technology & Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs
voice: (919) 962-1469 fax: (919) 962-5241