unclug - Re: [unclug] Anyone got an OpenAFS client running under kernel 2.6.x?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Andrew Perrin <clists AT perrin.socsci.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Anyone got an OpenAFS client running under kernel 2.6.x?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:31:43 -0500 (EST)

Thanks - I hadn't realized that. I was able to use the experimental
version and set it up fine. HOWEVER, there's a bug in the version packaged
there that is really fatal: under certain conditions the client simply
silently "swallows" a file when there's a write error. That led to
several files coming up zero size -- and therefore to data loss. I
consider that a Bad Thing in a filesystem!

All best,
Andy

clists AT perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu