unclug - Re: [unclug] Anyone got an OpenAFS client running under kernel 2.6.x?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: thomas zito <zito AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Anyone got an OpenAFS client running under kernel 2.6.x?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:04:35 -0500

I've got OpenAFS 1.3.78 running with kernel 2.6.10_766 (fedora core 3)
I downloaded the source rpm and followed the directions from here:
http://fedoranews.org/tchung/openafs/ and
http://www.mattdm.org/misc/openafs/

You will also need the kernel and kernel-smp rpm's to make the kernelheaders.

If you need the
CellAlias
CellServDB
ThisCell

let me know. Also if you are running FC3 with the latest kernel I can just send you the rpms for openAFS.

-tom

thomas zito
its knowledge management
e: zito AT email.unc.edu
p: 919.962.6279

Andrew Perrin wrote:
I'd like to upgrade to kernel 2.6 but what's holding me back is a
functional AFS client, which is an absolute necessity for me. Has anyone
managed to get OpenAFS running under 2.6.x?

Thanks,
Andy