typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] abc no rio looking for zine related submisions

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: lsmith <yelmo2000 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] abc no rio looking for zine related submisions
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:51:12 -0700 (PDT)

Speaking of Zines...don't know if anyone on this list
might be interested in the following. It was forwarded
to a zine librarian listserv that I"m on, but from
what I can tell, it's an open call, and should be a
good show.
:Lani

Hello fellow Zine Librarians - ABC No Rio (home of the
ABC No Rio Zine
Library) will be hosting its fall art exhibit, titled
"The Art in
Zines". It will run from Thursday Oct. 11 - Tuesday
Nov. 20 and feature
a zine reading on October 18th and a Zine Library
benefit party on
November 9th. I will post more details as we get
closer to the opening.
While we definitely have plenty of items for the
exhibit itself, we would
like to include a complementary "Zine About Zines". I
know a lot of
folks on this list have written about various aspects
of zines and the
zine community, and we would like to solicit any
previously written
articles (300-500 words) for inclusion. New pieces are
certainly
welcome, too - but we are working on a tight schedule
and are therefore
realistic in our expectations :) Submission deadline
is September 30, to
give us time for editing and layout. If any of you can
help us out, that
would be amazing! We are also looking for zinesters to
perform at the
reading and benefit (see above dates). Please contact
me if you are
interested! Thanks - Aliqae GeraciABC No Rio Zine
Libraryaliqaesong@ saintly.com

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html