typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl: genre vs. musical-political ethos

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Lizzie Ehrenhalt <dancingvioletsnail AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl: genre vs. musical-political ethos
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com> wrote:
isn't about time all these old Zines got collected and printed, or at least
scanned and made into PDFs?
As far as riot grrrl goes, there is the great collection _A Girl's Guide to Taking Over the World: Writings from the Girl Zine Revolution_, edited by Karen Green and Tristan Taormino.  Many TGers probably know of this already, but I thought I'd give it a shout out.  As someone doing a graduate program in archives, I'm hoping to one day get involved in a digital, national riot grrrl zine archive project...we just have to get it started!

Lizzie

Lizzie Ehrenhalt
MSI candidate, School of Information
University of Michigan