typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl: genre vs. musical-political ethos

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)'" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl: genre vs. musical-political ethos
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:16:44 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

<<we used to right down a list of these bands for every
girl we met who was wanting more. we'd go here: go find records by these
bands: 1. raincoats. 2. slits 3. delta 5 etc.>>

speaking of...I was bummed to realize that the online form for my women in
punk list isn't working. I hadn't updated the list in a while and tested the
form out a few days ago. If you've submitted anything in the last year or so,
please let me know off list. I'd like to update it again soon.

http://www.mindspring.com/~acheslow/AuntMary/bang/wip.html

Sharon