spinix-users - Re: Installing without a CDROM

spinix-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Spinix Users List

  • From: Ben Logan <ben AT wblogan.net>
  • To: Spinix Users List <spinix-users AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Installing without a CDROM
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:56:47 -0500

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 02:45:43PM -0500, Joseph Spainhour wrote:
> Ben,
> I have not tried compressing the image lately, but the last time
> I did, I only got a very small diff in size. I did not think it was
> worth the time it takes to compress it for the small gain.

Ok, I thought that might be the case--some things compress better than
others. You are also right about the small diff not being worth the
time...on my machine it takes a _very_ long time to (de)compress
something that large.

> If you would be interested, I could come up with a sort of
> subscription. Then, everytime I have a new release, I would mail you
> the cd.

That's very kind, but I'll just download it. I would want to pay for
the shipping, cd, and your trouble, and I'm not in the position to do
that now. If I was, I would offer a donation to your project and a
host of other great Open Source projects I've made use of! :)

Besides, I can download it in almost as short a time as the Postal
service can get it here. I started the download last night, and got
almost 50M, so it won't be too bad.

One more thing: could you provide an md5sum on the ISO so I can check
it once I have it?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's;
I will not Reason and Compare; my business is to Create.
-- William Blake, "Jerusalem"