spinix-users - Re: Installing without a CDROM

spinix-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Spinix Users List

  • From: Joseph Spainhour <spainhou AT coastalnet.com>
  • To: Ben Logan <ben AT wblogan.net>
  • Cc: Spinix Users List <spinix-users AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Installing without a CDROM
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:10:21 -0500 (EST)

Ben,

I would suggest taking the hard drive out of the 486 and installing
it in the RH system. copy the spinix pkg files to the new hard drive
and then but the drive back in the 486. PLIP will take forever.
Then install from the hard drive.
The 486 should be fine. I have it running on a 486sx 25mhz. X does
run slow, but for command line it is great.
Let me know if you need any help.

Joseph