sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>
  • To: SM Users <sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:40:36 -0400

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
If the notebook is not very old, it would throttle CPU to half the speed
if it's running on battery. Maybe you can try booting from the CD while
unplugged, and look around the system, including the kernel config file,
to see what can be done?

I have no idea whether the problem has anything to do with ACPI or what. I don't remember what I did to make it work. When it overheats, the computer just hangs; the erratic behavior is, I think, something else. Any idea what I could try?

I might try putting the hard drive in another computer. But I don't have another Athlon and I'd need to get a laptop hard drive adapter. If I do this and compile the kernel, and the processor I compile it on is not an Athlon, what should I set the processor to?

phma