sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:41:47 -0400

Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
Are the modules you need enabled in /etc/sorcery/local/kernel.config.iso? I look
them up or send you a file to check.

I don't remember what I needed to get it running stably, it's been at least a year since I configured the kernel, and I hear the ACPI code has been totally redone since then.

Would I find that file if I ran a shell while booted from the CD? I'm not going to try booting it now, as the weather got up to 38 today and the inside temperature is 33 (they finally installed the new thermostat, but it didn't seem to be working right). I've run the laptop with its CPU at 71 degrees, but beyond that "the sun so hot we froze to death".

phma