sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT optimaltec.com>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] problems reinstalling
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:40:10 -0400

Are the modules you need enabled in
/etc/sorcery/local/kernel.config.iso? I look
them up or send you a file to check.

Sergey.

Quoting Pierre Abbat <phma AT phma.hn.org>:

I had a hard drive crash on a laptop which has been running Source Mage
for a few years. I did have trouble initially getting it to run stably,
but I don't remember how I did it. It may have been the ACPI or the
AGPGART. The processor is an Athlon. I tried booting with acpi=off, but
it still acted weird. It gets random kernel panics and programs that
fail to write files. The laptop has a tendency to overheat, so I made it
throttle the CPU depending on the temperature, reducing the speed by
1/16 for every kelvin above 60°C. But when I boot the CD with ACPI on, I
can't find the temperature or the CPU throttle. I've tried both the
stable CD and the 2005-07-19 test version. Is there a boot parameter I
should try?