sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] dhcpd & 2.4.24 failure

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: John T Copeland <johnc AT neto.com>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] dhcpd & 2.4.24 failure
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:33:00 -0600

I have been playing with 2.6.1 so I'll know when it is stable enough and apps
are complete enough for my system. Thanks for the tips on APIC. I turned
that stuff off a long time ago.

I have been trying to get CD/DVD burning to work in ATAPI mode(not IDE-SCSI).

Linus says we shouldn't be using IDE-SCSI now anyway. I have tried:
1)arson - current version require scsi emulation for cdrom R/W
2)k3b - wants cdrdao which requires scsi emulation
3)xcdroast - seems to work OK. Gets occasional message warning that without
scsi emulation an operation will be very slow. Reading and writing are
as
fast as scsi emulation tho.
JohnC