sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] lynx compile problems?

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] lynx compile problems?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:14:38 -0700 (PDT)

Rohan Nicholls said:
> * Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com> [030414 15:48]:
>> On Monday 14 April 2003 04:59 am, Rohan Nicholls wrote:
>> >
>> > sorry this took so long, but I have entered a bug in the bugzilla, and
>> > attached the compile log, which I hope will make more sense to others
>> > than it did to me.
>> >
>> > rohan
>>

>> I'm just guessing here, but it looks like you might have the ncurses.h
>> problem
>> w/gcc. Try running "cast -r -c gcc" and make sure you answer "n" to
>> 'fix
>> includes'.
>>

> I have taken your advice and am recompiling gcc, and I noticed that it
> did some fixing of files one of which was ncurses.h, so hopefully all
> will be well.
>
> On a more general note, could anyone relieve my ignorance....
>
> When it is compiling, there is an awful lot of .java files being
> processed and I was wondering what was up with that? I don't have
> java installed yet, so I am wondering what the java files are for? Is
> gcc compiling and intsalling a javabased library somewhere?
>
> Thanks in advance for clearing up the confusion,:)
>
> rohan

Rohan,

You probably just did the defaults for the gcc compile (did you use 'cast
-r -c gcc'? You should have to make sure that you are asked about the
fixincludes and can say 'n'), which compiles F77, GCC, Ada95, and a Java
compiler (IIRC).

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61