sm-spell-submit - Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Mail List or Bug Report? . . .

sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Submit list for new spells

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-spell-submit AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Spell-Submit] Mail List or Bug Report? . . .
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:24:59 -0700

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
> How would it pollute the database any more than me firing a half dozen
> bug reports from prometheus daily? Bugzilla is perfectly content to have
> tens of thousands of bugs go in and out of it. We can have a seperate
> component for version bumps if necessary.
>
> The main problem I have with trying to put all the updates on a website
> is there isn't any accountability. No one is able to see whats going
> on as easily as with bugzilla. If there are version bumps bugs filed
> against a section we can just query bugzilla about them. Its the flat
> file vs structured database argument all over again.
>
> Philosophically I consider a version bump a bug. A rather simple one,
> just like a missing depends. But its a bug none-the-less.
>
> Just my 2 cents. *shrug*
>
> If you can keep track of what version bumps are needed for your section
> more power to you. Just the rest of us may not know whats going on.

Using bugzilla would make it easy to find updates (they'd be listed as
"enhancements" IMHO) for spells or sections, but having this ML here is also
nice (for me). If we had to chose one over the other, though, I'd say go with
bugzilla if it's feasible, but if not then just use this list.

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61