sm-sorcery - Re: [SM-Sorcery] wget .so dependencies (possibly global problem)

sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Sorcery related topics

  • From: Ondra Tomecka <otom7630 AT lucy.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
  • To: SourceMage Sorcery List <sm-sorcery AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Sorcery] wget .so dependencies (possibly global problem)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:00:39 +0100 (CET)

Just out of curiosity, I tried this:
andy@andy:~> ldd `which bash`
libreadline.so.4 => /lib/libreadline.so.4 (0x40022000)
libhistory.so.4 => /lib/libhistory.so.4 (0x40052000)
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x4005a000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x400a6000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x400a9000)
andy@andy:~>

I'm afraid that if readline or ncurses upgrade thir major version numbers,
even cast --fix won't help, as bash won't work...

:)

Andy