sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>
  • To: Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:19:35 +0900

Hi.

I had same problem on my system build with gcc3.2.
But, I solved that.

The problem was:
shivaken@mysystem $ java -version
There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.
Please check your installation, HotSpot does not work correctly
when installed in the JDK 1.2 Linux Production Release, or
with any JDK 1.1.x release.

That caused with sun jdk1.4.0_01, jdk1.4.1, blackdown-jdk1.4.1_beta.

java command and libraries(*.so) depend on only glibc.

I had highly optimized glibc. (-O3 -mmmx -msse2,,,,).
So, I casted glibc again with no optimise flag. Also with gcc3.2.
Then, java did work.

----
Around your integrity check, you saw java's plugins problem.
If you need to use them, you have to install
libxpcom.so, libodbcinst.so and libodbc.so.

libxpcom.so will provided by mozilla.
libodbcinst.so and libodbc.so will be installed with unixODBC.

We did not have spell of unixODBC, so I wrote.
If you need, cast them.

shivaken <shivaken AT jcom.home.ne.jp>