sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Yoav Avitzour <avitzour AT princeton.edu>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au>, "sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem
  • Date: 28 Sep 2002 15:54:58 -0400

I can only speak from my own experience. I *WAS* able to run jdk1.4.0
under gcc 3.1 and the evidence is that I *WAS* able to then compile
jdk1.4.0 under gcc3.1 (again - you can't compile it unless you already
have it running...). I am unable to do the same since the transition to
gcc 3.2. Either there is a specific problem with gcc3.2, or something
was changed in our library/linking configuration in the transition
gcc3.1->gcc3.2. The general problem, as far as I understand it, is only
with the plugins, which you cannot run from a gcc3.x compiled browser,
but not with the whole jdk. Again - we are able to run jdk1.3.1 that was
compiled with gcc2.95.

Yoav