sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Yoav Avitzour <avitzour AT princeton.edu>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au>, "sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem
  • Date: 28 Sep 2002 15:32:05 -0400

As far as I understand, in principle there shouldn't be any problem to
run java that is compiled with older gcc, the same way we are still
compiling some of the spells with gcc2, and running them, and the same
way we are able to run jdk1.3.1 which is also compiled with gcc2.95. I
was able to run jdk 1.4.0 with gcc3.1 at the time, and then was able to
compile jdk1.4.0 with gcc 3.1 to get the plugins to work (you need a
working version of jdk1.4.0 in order to compile jdk1.4.0...) but
something got screwed up in the transition to gcc3.2. I struggled with
it for a while and gave up, but I find it hard to believe that if it
worked in a system fully compiled with gcc3.1, it cannot work in a
system compiled with gcc3.2.

Yoav