sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Craig Dyke <grail AT enterprize.net.au>
  • Cc: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire]Java 1.4.1 problem
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:52:14 -0500

This is because they compile java with gcc 2.95.3. It does not work with gcc 3.x. If you register with the java site you can search for the bug and then vote for it to be fixed. Sun is aware of the problem, but no one is sure when they are going to fix it. You can download the source for the jdk and try to compile it but i did not have any luck with that. In the mean time you can use blackdown's version, you won't get 1.4.1, but 1.3.1 is pretty good. The plugins will not work but you'll have java support.

Jeremy

Craig Dyke wrote:

Have recently created a spell for my self based on the j2sdk spell.

Difference being the version of mine is 1.4.1
Problem I am having is that none of the java executables work.

eg.

grail@Coven:~$ java -version
There was an error trying to initialize the HPI library.
Please check your installation, HotSpot does not work correctly
when installed in the JDK 1.2 Linux Production Release, or
with any JDK 1.1.x release.

This prompted me to check integrity of spell which gave me the following info:

root@Coven:/home/grail# cast -n java
Initiating integrity check, please wait...
Checking integrity of java \
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/lib/i386/libJdbcOdbc.so of java is broke.
libodbcinst.so => not found
libodbc.so => not found
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so of java is broke.
libxpcom.so => not found
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.1/old.libraries/javaplugin_oji.so of java is broke.
libxpcom.so => not found
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.4.1/old.libraries/libJdbcOdbc.so of java is broke.
libodbcinst.so => not found
libodbc.so => not found

Can anyone explain to me how to get or build these missing files as
they do not appear antwhere on my system??

Craig