sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:46:39 +0300

On Sat Jan 3 13:12:35 EST 2015,
Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com> wrote:

> A proper website is definitely a step in the right direction imo. Great
> job stealth!

Thanks a lot. I've also completed migration of our ISO installation
guide with my tiny corrections:

http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Install/ISO

Chroot install guide is updated as well:

http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Install/Chroot

Both of them now include information about our current stable releases
(and dates) along with links to different pages, related to the distro.
Which is very important thing we forget of, in my opinion. During the
last two weeks I added like 100+ links to interconnect the pages with
each other. It is one of the most powerful wiki features, and we don't
use it. It affects SEO *a lot*, and this way we can improve our
pertinency over 9000. Doing so will not bury us deeper in the Web, but
we must improve it day by day (or at least week by week, heh) to move
further.

Everything is still WIP, and around 300 pages are left to become a part
of our consistent resource and normalized documentation storage for the
Source Mage. But as I told before, the most important parts to hop in
are ready.

> Navigation links on the left would be nice for the docs pages though.

Yes, I was thinking about it. I plan to put there several primary topics
from the Docs[0] as well as from top main menu (maybe) how it looked in
2003-2005.

[0] http://beta.sourcemage.ru/Docs

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>