sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
  • To: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • Cc: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 17:13:59 -0300

Happy new year Stealth!

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 11:56:01 +0300
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru> wrote:
<...>
> My main idea was -- to get back the face that inspired myself to try
> smgl long ago. So let me present a try for the new Source Mage
> webface:
>
> http://beta.sourcemage.guru

Looks great.

<...>
> - Hatta was chosen as one of the most flexible but yet lightweight
> wiki-engines with ability to keep sources/history in scm repository
> (mercurial[10] here, so it's possible to clone all the site) with

Do we really need a wiki? Can't it be static?

Something like a git repo we can push to (and automatically generates
the web pages on the other side) would save a lot of maintenance
effort, and there's no reason why that would not work for us.

<...>
> There's a lot in our TODO list, like merging devel branches or
> preparing new official ISOs, but the start is here -- we need more
> developers interested in successful future of Source Mage.

+1.

> I propose this version of the site for sourcemage.org as well as a
> brand new approach for further development -- it would be nice to
> invite people from several Linux resources to join our development
> team, and here's a good place to invite them to. I also suggest
> migration of our bug-tracking system either to github[13] (which was
> discussed before) or to redmine[14].

I insist on not going with github, and I would prefer something simpler
than redmine, roundup perhaps.

Also, I would like to play a little bit with an interesting alternative:
distributed bug trackers [0][1]. I don't mind doing some serious work
towards having something distributed.

[0] https://lwn.net/Articles/281849/
[1] http://www.bugseverywhere.org/