sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] What's needed to get merged gcc into the main grimoire?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] What's needed to get merged gcc into the main grimoire?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:24:06 -0500

I think all we need is a upgrade plan.
I would like to get this knocked out.
I need volunteers.

We need to test it with gcc and g++ installed at the least. Once that's
verified we should test it for all the other compilers. Preferably one
at a time and then multiples.

We need to be able to ensure that the system remains in the same state
it was when we upgraded.

So the various permutations of the following spells need to be verified:
* ada
* fortran
* g++
* gcc
* gcj
* ghdl
* objc

At a minimum I'll accept as being good enough to go into stable if we
can support the following scenarios:
* gcc and g++ installed
* only gcc installed
* all of them installed

That should cover 90% of the base, unless someone wants to volunteer for
any other ones. And that will be good enough for me.

I've been hacking away at some systemd stuff trying to get that to
install correctly instead of putting crap into /usr/local >:|

David