sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] What's needed to get merged gcc into the main grimoire?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] What's needed to get merged gcc into the main grimoire?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:47:03 -0500

On 08/02/2011 03:12 AM, Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> It's already in test. And check this:
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Grimoire/MergingGCC
>
> nfs-utils is no longer a problem.
>
> A fresh chroot from the last 64bit stable one was rebuilt, test updated and
> then I cast pbzip2, which wanted gcc with CXX. The rest is history, the
> transition went fine. This is a variant of your first scenario.
>
> Of course having g++ dispelled on a c++ heavy system means it can be
> unusable
> until the libraries are replaced by the merged spell.

Is there any way to fire off a trigger or something to verify those
libraries? We don't want to leave a broken system... Can we get a script
to find them so at the very least we can tell the admin what's needed to
be manually rebuilt?

Thanks for the work on this, sorry I didn't keep up with the IRC
conversations, but I don't have time to follow at work, and there's too
much noise to read it all when I get home :|

David