sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Dear fellow mages I'm bailing out.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Dear fellow mages I'm bailing out.
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:41:51 +0100 (CET)

:2009-03-07T11:34:Ivan Lezhnjov Jr.:

> Speaking of this issue I've gradually come to a point where I'd love to ask
> all of you active developers the following question. How much time do you
> spend working on the project a week? If you work somewhere else (for
> yourself
> or someone else) and take active part in development of this distro how do
> you manage to find time to do what you do?

Well I work 0700-1500 and ~1h to get home and then ~1h for food so let's
say 1700 I actually get free time. Which means I have time most
afternoons and evenings('till ~2200). I'm not as active as I used to be
but I tend to give atleast a few hours every week to Source Mage.

My suggestion to you would be to try to get a 0700-1500 work schedule or
even earlier if you can. That way you generally have something left of
the day. Whoever thought up 0900-1800 is a good idea for a work time
should be shot. I tend to get more done from 0700-0900(before most
people got in) than I do in all the other work hours combined.

And generally have weekends free even if I go shopping or out. Even with
my myriad of interests(photography, book reading, computers, cooking to name
a few)
and things I should do but tend to do it weakly(studies, cleaning) I
tend to have a bit of time left over. Basically if all I can do is half
an hour a day that is related to Source Mage I'll do it. Not that I do
always. It's more likely I'll have one day per week when I'll spend a
few hours on Source Mage related things and be done with it.

It might help that I don't have a female mate nor am I interested in
such but I doubt it.

Hope this enlightens you a bit.

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

The right to offend is more important than the right not to be offended.