sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Why cmake?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Why cmake?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 10:09:47 +0100

> Now when a few people overloaded my head with a question "WTF?!",

URL for context
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-commit/2008-December/021117.html
It is all about the communication. Some changes should be discussed.
Personally I have no problem with cmake, seems I have already installed
it for 3 spells.
I don't know if cmake has some special new feature.

Instead of just changing from default_build to cmake_build and vice
versa we should just add question to PREPARE what is the user's
favourite build system and we all will be happy (with default
default_build). Or if cmake is already installed just use it in BUILD,
if not use default_build.

> Another question disturbin me: why do you force devel/rc/testing versions
> of the spells as they
> are stable?

I have no problem with with devel/rc/testing version if they do not break my
box on the other side spells should have possibility to cast stable version
(by default).

Looking into mentioned commits, we should not remove --enable/--disable
options form DEPENDS file.

--
Ladislav Hagara