sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO again (was: dw)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO again (was: dw)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:56:07 -0500

On Sep 19, Arjan Bouter [abouter AT gmail.com] wrote:
> I was amongst the "Many of us" on this one. But honestly I'm on flux'
> side here. I did test the iso and, if you disregard a couple of cosmetic
> flaws, it was usable for installing a box.
>
> It has been a while ago since the last iso release and cauldron is
> working hard on a stable process where we can have a new iso whenever we
> want to.
>
> Why should we at this point put pressure on them to release something
> completely different? Keep in mind that cauldron hasn't got the manpower to
> work on different projects.

I wasn't trying to tell him to work on something other than what he's
doing, and that's not where this thread came from. It started with the
perennial comments about distrowatch, and I mentioned they haven't liked
listing our package updates and just want ISO releases, which is obviously
foreign to how we and other modern distros do things. Seth asked again why
we don't just put out a new ISO release out with each new tarball, and here
we go again.