sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] dw

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] dw
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:19:25 -0700

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 01:43:54PM -0400, flux wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser (jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org) wrote [08.09.18 13:20]:

> > > Maybe we can publish ISO major versions to coincide with stable
> > > grimoire
> > > releases -- the only difference being the grimoire tarball on the disc.
> >
> > I believe that's been on the table for a long time now as the ideal...
> > as minor ISO versions at least.
>
> There's work in cauldron on automating the ISO generation process, so
> eventually this could become a reality. Don't expect it to happen very
> soon though, as it will take some time before a first working version
> comes out, and then there will be debugging, maintenance, and
> improvements to do. The groundwork has already been laid down though.
> This is probably possible within a year. If we get more devs for
> cauldron it will happen sooner, but that's a mighty big "if" ;-).

I don't believe the one year to get basic automation working.

Seriously.

It's a few commands, and maybe an if statement for platform.

Can you elaborate in some detail? Come November, I can help if the
automation is really not possible in your mind in a year. I had
automation going for x86_64 ISO generation at one point, so I know it's
possible and really not that difficult.

Seth

--
Seth Alan Woolley Pacific Green Candidate for Secretary of State
http://seth4sos.org/

IANAL (I am not a lawyer!) TINLA (This is not legal advice!)

3403 NE Stanton St gnupg.org key 84317E6A = http://swoolley.org/
Portland, OR 97212 8C97 9818 F889 EDE3 B54C Cell: (503) 953-3943
USA, 97212-2744 03 AAD6 E936 BF83 8431 7E6A 45.5438 N 122.6295 W