sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:40:43 +0000

Arjan Bouter wrote:
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 07:27:52AM +0200, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" wrote:
I agree with Andraž here, they should not be tmpfs by default.
IMHO the best thing would be to add them commented out.
When installing smgl there are already lots of things to think about and
it's quite easy to forget to disable tmpfs in fstab.

Yeah, if you want tmpfs and you know about it, then you can add it. tmpfs is a feature. It's not necessary to function. Therefore, it shouldn't exist by default. This is how we operate.

I'd thought I sent an email to the list stating all this already, but it must've gotten lost in the clogged up intertubes, so here's another :)

Besides the FHS, not everyone has the option to install all the RAM they
ever need...
Take my own laptop as an example, I really do need to be carefull with
the 320MB RAM in there (it's a hardware limit).

And there's that ;)