sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:27:16 +0200

Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us> wrote:
> * The default installed /etc/fstab is missing some common entries, such as:
[...]

I figured fstab was getting a bit cluttery for new users.
That's why there's a default /etc/fstab containing only what you'll
need on a canonical install, and an extra /etc/fstab.example from
which you can copy/paste any extra lines when you need them.

If this sort of organization makes sense to everyone (distinguishing
example vs. default), we're going to do it for lilo.conf and menu.lst
as well.

So Far,
Karsten "BearPerson" Behrmann

p.s.: Sorry for being a bit out lately, I just moved and it'll be
a week until I get internets back at home...