sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:58:28 -0600

Quoting Alexander Tsamutali <astsmtl AT gmail.com>:

В Sat, 03 Nov 2007 16:42:04 -0500
Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net> пишет:

I know this isn't SMGL-specific, but I can't seem to find an answer
anywhere and figured some of you veterans might have a quick answer.

My current xorg/kde setup seems to have DPMS enabled, as shown when
executing `xset q`. A simple `xset -dpms` solves my problem. But
what's annoying is how DPMS is ALWAYS enabled when X is started, and
I can't seem to find where the setting is. So every time I start X,
I have to launch a console and disable DPMS, and it's really getting
on my nerves.

The DPMS option in my xorg.conf is commented out. If there's
another DPMS setting somewhere, I can't find it -- I've scoured my
system for configuration files.

Any ideas? I know it must be something simple, but evidently I need
a hint :)

That's not my business, but why do you want to disable DPMS
permanently? DPMS helps us save energy and solve environmental
problems.

You certainly have a point. However, because electric rates are expensive where I live, if I am not using my PC, I turn it off (like other things in my house). So I don't really need such a feature in my scenario -- it just annoys me.

--
Alexander Tsamutali