sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal -> wiki migration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Drupal -> wiki migration
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:37:52 +0100

On 13:33:17 2007-11-04 Alexander Tsamutali <astsmtl AT gmail.com> wrote:
> В Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:22:51 +0100
> "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx> пишет:
>
> > The theme is by eekee, and yeah we are dropping drupal as soon as the
> > content is migrated to the wiki... Help out so we can get it faster.
>
> Thanks eekee, hope you fix those glitches! ;-)
>
> Can someone explain in more detail:
>
> Why we are dropping Drupal?

Because nobody bothers to maintain it and nobody cares about it...

> What is the general direction our web site is moving? Is Moin Moin a
> final point?

Yeah it'll be our front page etc... hence why the theme went through...

> I like the decision to drop Drupal and move to Moin Moin mainly because
> i like Python and dislike PHP. :-) But Drupal solved the main problem of
> our previous site, which was just a set of different web
> applications. Do we really need another migration?

It solved nothing... at the time it was considered to be what we needed...

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C