sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 09:01:39 -0600

Quoting Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:

man xorg.conf /DPMS

->

Option "DPMS" "bool"
This option controls whether the server should enable the DPMS
extension for power management for this screen. The default is
to enable the extension.

When the following is set to 0 it means disabled as well...
Option "BlankTime" "time"
Option "StandbyTime" "time"
Option "SuspendTime" "time"
Option "OffTime" "time"

Ah, I didn't know DPMS was on by default.

I used man pages and Google, but evidently I didn't do it right. Thanks for helping an idiot :)

- Matt