sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Disable DPMS permenantly
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 07:46:12 +0100

On 22:42:04 2007-11-03 Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net> wrote:

> I know this isn't SMGL-specific, but I can't seem to find an answer
> anywhere and figured some of you veterans might have a quick answer.
>
> My current xorg/kde setup seems to have DPMS enabled, as shown when
> executing `xset q`. A simple `xset -dpms` solves my problem. But
> what's annoying is how DPMS is ALWAYS enabled when X is started, and I
> can't seem to find where the setting is. So every time I start X, I
> have to launch a console and disable DPMS, and it's really getting on
> my nerves.
>
> The DPMS option in my xorg.conf is commented out. If there's another
> DPMS setting somewhere, I can't find it -- I've scoured my system for
> configuration files.
>
> Any ideas? I know it must be something simple, but evidently I need a
> hint :)

man xorg.conf /DPMS

->

Option "DPMS" "bool"
This option controls whether the server should enable the DPMS
extension for power management for this screen. The default is
to enable the extension.

When the following is set to 0 it means disabled as well...
Option "BlankTime" "time"
Option "StandbyTime" "time"
Option "SuspendTime" "time"
Option "OffTime" "time"

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C