sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage and alternative init

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage and alternative init
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:17:41 +0200

On 18:02:27 2007-04-09 Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org> wrote:
> On Apr 09, "Andra?? 'ruskie' Levstik" [ruskie AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> > On 05:39:46 2007-04-09 Elisamuel Resto <ryuji AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > A while back I remember somebody talking about working on getting
> > > upstart in smgl, but I have not heard anything about it since then,
> > > and that was months ago. I'm wondering if there's any other
> > > solution to simpleinit that we can use in Source Mage...
> > >
> > http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Init_Plans
> >
> > This is the project that's working on researching various inits we
> > might use etc...
>
> Sorry, but no, this is just the wiki page you put up after the last
> round of conversation on this topic. I wouldn't call it a project
> until there's some kind of follow through on it or even just more of a
> methodology listed on there beyond a list of init systems to research.

Erm it has a list of things to check for each init etc...
If you have further suggestions on the methodology of researching this
please provide some and I'll add it. I'm still planing on providing a
preliminary report by the next meeting.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C