sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage and alternative init

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeffrey 'jf' Lim" <jfs.world AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage and alternative init
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:06:39 +0800

On 4/9/07, Elisamuel Resto <ryuji AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:02:38 +0800, "Jeffrey 'jf' Lim"
<jfs.world AT gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry mate, but i dont think it's going to be as simple as that. You
> will still need to link all your applications against libupstart if u
> want to be able to handle generating (and responding to?) events....
> It's going to represent quite a major change.

Can you provide some links to read up on that? I'd like to see how
"required" this is and how far deep one needs to link to this library.

try reading the upstart faq. It mentions libupstart... If u need any
further information, u'll have to fish on it on ur own. ;P I'm not
very inclined to go the upstart way right now - especially given that
it's set to become a rather complex piece of... "stuff"?

There is always something going on behind the scenes ;)

lol, :)

-jf

--
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not
help."

http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228