sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions to the nominees

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Questions to the nominees
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:12:39 -0800

Andrew Stitt wrote:

> Im not really sure theres much point in continuing to serve and volley
> excuses about this though. The ball got dropped, and that sucks. More
> leadership and accountability was needed. I think Jeremy understands this
> and will do what he can as PL. However that doesnt mean it should all be
> on him. The grimoire is too big of a component to run on auto-pilot. So,
> I will be looking for the ability to lead and ensure that "things get done"
> when making my voting decision.

Here, here!

That's very much what I'm looking for here as well. Someone to make
decisions, push people. Decide on what we're going to do and make it
happen. I'm not saying they should do it all themselves, but if the
right people aren't working on the high priority tasks, then I expect
them to either bother those people, or it's not a high priority task
anymore.

David