sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote for 2007

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote for 2007
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:53:13 -0600

On Jan 12, Jeremy Blosser [jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org] wrote:
> Obviously there's still way more to do but so far that's included things

One of those "more to do things", by the way, is specifying better in the
policy docs what the role of the Project Lead *is*. Right now it just says
in the Component/Project Leads section that "have primary responsibilty for
and daily authority over one of the identified Project Components (or in
the case of the Project Lead, the entire Project)".

We possibly should have discussed this during the nomination period, but
maybe it will be useful to let people state different approaches to the
position before it's more set in stone. Or maybe we even want to keep it
more open for the long term so people in the position can define it
themselves.

Regardless, we at least need to better define what authority the PL has.