sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:20:38 -0600

Andrew Stitt wrote:
> Well, we've made great progress towards the stable release. Most of the
> spells are tested. Theres 13 spells left unclaimed, and a few more beyond
> that waiting for testing. Once those get tested and assuming theres no
> gating bugs, we're ready to release. Perhaps we could streamline
> basesystem in the future by having a few people do a rebuild?
>
> Changing topics slightly, today is moving day for me. So I may not have
> great connectivity this next week. We'll see. Worst case if Im unable
> to check in on things heres what I'd like to see happen.
>
> Finish up testing.
> Discuss any possibly gating bugs on the wiki, come to some sort of a
> consensus.
> Fix any gating bugs, get the fixes in stable-rc.
> Create a new chroot tarball by running system-update in a freshly unpacked
> instance of the current chroot (post it somewhere).
> Next sunday release it.
>
> My git may be rusty but it should look like this:
> git checkout stable-rc-0.6
> git branch stable-0.6
> git push origin stable-0.6:stable-0.6
> build sign and upload tarball (swoolley this means you, I guess)
> Send some sort of release announcement to sm-announce and to freshmeat.net

Just a thought here.
Perhaps we could add all the leads keys to the latest stable. So that
the next time around it won't rely on only one person? Or whatever it is
precisely that we need to do to ensure that more people can sign the
stable grimoire.

--
David Kowis

www.sourcemage.org
SourceMage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein