sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 06:58:56 -0800

Well, we've made great progress towards the stable release. Most of the
spells are tested. Theres 13 spells left unclaimed, and a few more beyond
that waiting for testing. Once those get tested and assuming theres no
gating bugs, we're ready to release. Perhaps we could streamline
basesystem in the future by having a few people do a rebuild?

Changing topics slightly, today is moving day for me. So I may not have
great connectivity this next week. We'll see. Worst case if Im unable
to check in on things heres what I'd like to see happen.

Finish up testing.
Discuss any possibly gating bugs on the wiki, come to some sort of a
consensus.
Fix any gating bugs, get the fixes in stable-rc.
Create a new chroot tarball by running system-update in a freshly unpacked
instance of the current chroot (post it somewhere).
Next sunday release it.

My git may be rusty but it should look like this:
git checkout stable-rc-0.6
git branch stable-0.6
git push origin stable-0.6:stable-0.6
build sign and upload tarball (swoolley this means you, I guess)
Send some sort of release announcement to sm-announce and to freshmeat.net

To start the next release repeat the above git stuff but with test
and stable-rc-0.7. Then copy the wiki and blank out all the sign-off's
and notes. Possibly change what spells you work on, or work on ways to
streamline things (rebuild?).

Thanks everyone for stepping in to help get this release out.

-Andrew