sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 00:00:30 -0800

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 11:52:09AM +0500, Alexander Tsamutali wrote:
> > IMO that's not fixing the problem, but rather moving it out of site.
> > We'll still have those bugs, just in grimoire "xyz' rather than the
> > 'main' grimoire. I don't see splitting up the grimoires any further as
> > being productive, but rather time should be spent on fixing the
> > current bugs (we've had close to this many bugs before and brought it
> > down in a short while) rather than finding ways to make our count look
> > smaller, while still remaining the same.
>
> You are right. If we cannot support all ~5500 spells we should drop
> ~4500 and concentrate on 1000. IMHO it's better to have stable
> grimoire with 1000 spells than to have buggy, unusable grimoire with
> 5500 spells.

And doing that communicates what to users?
(hint: other than we lack resources)

> Our main goal is to attract more users and developers. If
> we give our users possibility to install stable server/workstation
> they will stay with us, otherwise they'll leave.

There are only 10 types of people. :-)

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |