sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Alexander Tsamutali" <astsmtl AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Buggy grimoire
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:52:09 +0500

IMO that's not fixing the problem, but rather moving it out of site.
We'll still have those bugs, just in grimoire "xyz' rather than the
'main' grimoire. I don't see splitting up the grimoires any further as
being productive, but rather time should be spent on fixing the
current bugs (we've had close to this many bugs before and brought it
down in a short while) rather than finding ways to make our count look
smaller, while still remaining the same.

You are right. If we cannot support all ~5500 spells we should drop
~4500 and concentrate on 1000. IMHO it's better to have stable
grimoire with 1000 spells than to have buggy, unusable grimoire with
5500 spells. Our main goal is to attract more users and developers. If
we give our users possibility to install stable server/workstation
they will stay with us, otherwise they'll leave.

--
Alexander Tsamutali