sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:02:34 +0100

Hi all,

I updated my laptop yesterday and I got the update of python 2.5.
Hopelessly this is a pain since lots of python packages or bindings
still links to python 2.4. This should be not very hard to cast -c all
needed spells, I can also run a cleanse, but I guess the best would be
to add some UP_TRIGGERS to the spell right ?
In that case, do all the usual TRIGGERS in python spells are not useless
and should be removed ? I understood that the packages dependent on
python have only to be compiled on major updates like this time, right ?
Btw I didn't find any documentation on UP_TRIGGERS in the spellbook, is
there something on the wiki ?

Thank you.
--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be