sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:02:17 +0100

Le mercredi 08 novembre 2006 à 13:54 +0100, Jaka Kranjc a écrit :
> On Wednesday 08 November 2006 11:02, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I updated my laptop yesterday and I got the update of python 2.5.
> > Hopelessly this is a pain since lots of python packages or bindings
> > still links to python 2.4. This should be not very hard to cast -c all
> > needed spells, I can also run a cleanse, but I guess the best would be
> > to add some UP_TRIGGERS to the spell right ?
> > In that case, do all the usual TRIGGERS in python spells are not useless
> > and should be removed ? I understood that the packages dependent on
> > python have only to be compiled on major updates like this time, right ?
> > Btw I didn't find any documentation on UP_TRIGGERS in the spellbook, is
> > there something on the wiki ?
> >
> > Thank you.
> Just copy one over from other spells. If you look at them, you can see they
> have much alike and I think it should be easy to adapt one for python
> needs.
> It all comes down to the question how to find packages that are broken.

Well this is what I was doing... ;-)
To find the broken packages I'm trying the following:
- look for libpython from the output of readelf for binaries,
- look in the install log for the pattern
$TRACK_ROOT/usr/lib/python-${OLD_VERSION:0:3}/site-packages

I'm not sure it is useful to check the librairies, I didn't find any
library linked on libpython on my laptop... What's your feeling ?

--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be