sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] python 2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:48:59 -0800

Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 November 2006 15:25, Flavien Bridault wrote:
>>> I see only check_self triggers in python TRIGGERS.
>
> check_self will not detect an error, since the python2.4 files will still
> be
> present
<snip>

Last I recall there was work being done (or done already?) to have
certain libraries/packages trigger only on major or minor version
changes (since openssl updates also provide a fun time). I do not recall
the status of this work, but it would be nice to have all of our
packages magically working after any update, with no manual intervention
by our users.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | SysAdmin @ Shock Physics @ WSU