sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] website

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] website
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:56:31 +0200

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:31:55AM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > Well, we could bring up the topic of moving away from drupal. I don't
> > think it's turned out to be as useful as we'd thought. We could simply
> > use the locking feature of MoinMoin and just use that as our site. It'd
> > need to be cleaned up a bit, but that's possible.
> > Also, some people actually do use those forum things. I don't know
> > what's wrong with them either...

I've seen a bit of zope/plone recently. If we have high acl and workflow
requirements for all our publishing stuff, it could fit nicely but imho
it would be overkill. But then I don't know what we need exactly...

Jeremy, since you're already doing the admining for git, wouldn't you
volonteer for the web part? As you said, not that you would have to
worry about the content since you wouldn't be tome lead but we
definitely need a web admin.

Cheers,
Mathieu.

--
If a function be advertised to return an error code in the event of
difficulties, thou shalt check for that code, yea, even though the