sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:39:02 +0200

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:17:58 -0700
Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 04:51, Arjan Bouter wrote:
> >
> > There were quite a few changes in apache 2.2.*, which is why i've created
> > another spell for it. One of the changes is (as you noticed) that it
> > ignores the configure options in favor of a layout.
>
> If it ignores the configure options, why are they still in the BUILD file?

because some configure options did overrule the layout:

the current layout installs the config files in /etc

from my install log:
/etc/httpd/httpd.conf

I can mail you the install log if you want, to help figure out which options
are set by configure and which by the layout

> Also, you have in your config.layout:
> prefix: ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr
> and
> sysconfdir: ${prefix}/etc+
> which ends up installing the configuration files to
> ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr/etc/apache2 rather than ${INSTALL_ROOT}/etc/httpd.

^^ it's ignored, i just left it there.

> > The apache22 spell is using a custom SMGL layout which i tried to keep
> > pretty much the same as the usual layout. I'd recommend to use this for
> > the
> > apache2 spell as well.
>
> I'll work on a replacement and offer it to the group for approval.
>
> --
> Jason Flatt
> Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.
> http://www.sourcemage.org/

+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,
http://www.sourcemage.org
Registered as user #310617 with the Linux Counter,
http://counter.li.org.
GnuPG Key 79D4B14E = 94AD 3FD1 E259 67ED 632E 2B06 CFBE 1154 79D4 B14E
+===