sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jflatt AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Apache 2 Spell . . .
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 07:57:13 -0700

All right, how about this as a layout? (I rearranged the list in path order,
so it would hopefully be easier to follow.) I took the Debian layout and
made modifications based on FHS, Source Mage & Apache's default locations.
One thing to note (and I'm not sure if it matters) is that we are not
consistent when using apache2 or httpd as part of the path.

##
## config.layout -- Pre-defined Installation Path Layouts
##
## Hints:
## - layouts can be loaded with configure's --enable-layout=ID option
## - when no --enable-layout option is given, the default layout is `Apache'
## - a trailing plus character (`+') on paths is replaced with a
## `/<target>' suffix where <target> is currently hardcoded to 'apache2'.
## (This may become a configurable parameter at some point.)
##

# Filesystem Hierarchy Standard/Source Mage GNU Linux layout
<Layout SourceMage>
sysconfdir: ${INSTALL_ROOT}/etc/httpd
prefix: ${INSTALL_ROOT}/usr
exec_prefix: ${prefix}
bindir: ${exec_prefix}/bin
includedir: ${exec_prefix}/include+
libdir: ${exec_prefix}/lib
libexecdir: ${exec_prefix}/libexec
sbindir: ${exec_prefix}/sbin
infodir: ${exec_prefix}/share/info
mandir: ${exec_prefix}/share/man
datadir: ${exec_prefix}/share+
installbuilddir: ${datadir}/build
cgidir: ${datadir}/cgi-bin
errordir: ${datadir}/error
htdocsdir: ${datadir}/htdocs
iconsdir: ${datadir}/icons
manualdir: ${datadir}/manual
localstatedir: ${INSTALL_ROOT}/var
proxycachedir: ${localstatedir}/cache/apache2/proxy
logfiledir: ${localstatedir}/log/httpd
runtimedir: ${localstatedir}/run
</Layout>

--
Jason Flatt
Source Mage GNU/Linux: Linux so advanced, it may as well be magic.